Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What I Want to Learn...

Writing has always been a personal favorite of mine but when it comes to professional documents, I lack skill and I would like to know how to write more formally. For example, when I apply to jobs online sometimes they ask for a "Cover Letter". I have yet to figure out what that is but I'm tired of not being able to apply to certain jobs because of my lack of experience in formal writing.

As a fashion designer, I also e-mail a lot of musicians about collaborating with them and trying introduce my clothing to them. I have no idea to word such an e-mail to top- notch individuals so I basically free-write and address a specific idea. I also have had trouble where I work with artists and they do not follow certain guidelines that I desired. I would like to learn how to format a contract to protect myself, my designs, and keep a professional bond between me and my customers.

1 comment:

  1. Garmai -- good ideas. Some of the things are more related to business management/business communication, and it sounds like you could really benefit from a business communication class. I would be happy to help you with cover letters and any other business writing you need some guidance on if you'd like to set up a one-on-one meeting -- I enjoy cover letters and can help walk you through writing one.

    ReplyDelete