In College Writing I, my class was assigned to write about truth and causing trouble. We had to describe the meaning of each, their risks, their rewards and provide examples of them. Trying to come up with different examples to provide an explanation for the different aspects of truth was pretty tricky.
When I wrote about truth, I spoke about the different perspectives that it embodies. Truth can be spoken, thought out or lived out through everyday life. The results of speaking the truth can be negative and positive. I gave an example about how doctors are obliged to tell their patients the truth about their physical health. If a doctor neglects to give an accurate diagnosis, they are subject to be sued for malpractice. This could also result in bad health of the patient due to their unawareness of a serious condition they were in the doctor neglected to tell them about. Overall I enjoyed talking about truth and how it effects our lives.
Writing about causing trouble was also very interesting. I wrote that causing trouble can be played out in a positive manner and a negative one also. I spoke about Rosa Parks and how she "caused trouble" by refusing to sit in the back of the bus like all African- Americans were forced to do during the Civil Rights movement. By her doing such an act of courage, she started a movement that motivated other African- Americans to stand up for their rights and to not feed into the pressures of the unlawful government. Causing trouble can bring about great change in the world but can ruin it in some cases also.
These two topics got my creative juices flowing and they were fun to write about. I'm very excited about this course and ready to continue to tackle all of my writing endeavors one by one.
-Garmai
No comments:
Post a Comment